The Nominating Committee requests your assistance in the Vestry nominating process. Three persons will be elected at the Annual Meeting for the 2018-2021 term. In making your recommendations be governed by these considerations:
* Vestry persons should be faithful, dedicated and possess good judgment. Their manner of life should reflect the Christian Gospel, both within the Church and in the world.
* Church leaders are extremely important. The nominating process is not a popularity contest. Serving on Vestry is a commitment with responsibilities involving various leadership duties, requiring time, energy and talents.
* The Nominating Committee asks that you present names to be considered, including your own if you wish, for election to the Vestry for the three-year term beginning in 2018.
* According to Church Canons, only confirmed members of Manakin Church, in good standing, may serve on Vestry.
* Candidates for nomination must have consented, to their presenter, for their names to be put forward for nomination.
Names should be submitted by Friday, September 29, 2017. Nomination forms can be found in the September Manakin Messenger. Please sign the form and return it to the Church Office, Attention: Michael Walker, Chair of the Nominating Committee. Thank you for your prayers and for your participation in this process.
Nominations may be made from the floor of the Annual Meeting. In order for a nomination to be presented from the floor the presenter must have obtained consent from the prospective nominee and also determined, from the interim rector, that the prospective nominee is in good standing in accordance with the Canons.
If you have any questions, please contact the Nominating Committee Chair, Michael Walker at email@example.com. If you need additional forms, contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org